Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Girl Named Elle

I love Elle. If I could work for any magazine, it would be her (or Nylon). In my daily prowl for fashion news and things that are dope, I always visit Elle.com.  Today, I found a goldmine. So I'm posting two of my favorite things from there today.
Gaga & Gaultier Documentary on the CW Coming this September!
Any fab fixator or fashion head hears Gaultier and Gaga and their interest is automatically peaked. So if you're like me, on September 13th, you'll be tuning in to the CW to see the two of them basically just dish and do all sorts of fabulous things that people like them would do in each other's company. It will be an hour long and I know that this will be on a lot of monster's DVRS!

Skyscraper
Anyone who knows me know that my favorite Disney star has always been Raven Symone, followed by Hilary Duff. I grew up in the 'Cheetah Girls' era. I've never been into Hannah Montana. At all. Nor have I ever like Wizard's of Waverly Place or Selena Gomez. However, when Camp Rock debuted in 2008, I discovered a new Disney girl who I really liked. 

I've always been a Demi fan. Seeing this editorial in ELLE and reading the article (read here) made me so happy. I've been keeping up with her interviews and such lately and I bought her new single 'Skyscraper' on iTunes (and you guys should, too). Demi is talented and not only that, she's a strong and beautiful individual, inside and out. So I had to share these photos with you guys, just on GP.

Shot by Daniel King
Styled by Christopher Niquet
 Wool felt coat with leather detail, Bally, $2,695, at Bally boutiques nationwide. Pleated chiffon gown, Vera Wang, $1,995. Gold and diamond drop earrings, David Yurman, price on request. Feather clips, Bebe, $29.

 Draped silk shirt with sash, Alexander Wang, $625, at Alexander Wang, NYC. Sunglasses, Tom Ford, $360. Gold and diamond drop earrings, David Yurman, price on request. Feather clips, Bebe, $29. 

 Wool felt coat with leather detail, Bally, $2,695, visit bally.com. Pleated chiffon gown, Vera Wang, $1,995. Calfskin boots, Dior, $1,400. 

 Felted wool coat, Just Cavalli, $2,850, visit robertocavalli.com. Stretch-suiting dress, Z Spoke by Zac Posen, $350. 

 
Cashmere coat, Dior, price on request, at Dior boutiques nationwide. Nylon dress, Valentino, price on request. Leather pumps, Christian Louboutin, $795.
 
 Wool coat, Louis Vuitton, $2,900, at select Louis Vuitton locations nationwide. Silk lace dress, Bottega Veneta, price on request. Modal and silk tank top, Kain Label, $85. Feather clips, Bebe, $29. 

Wool and leather trench coat, Etro, $4,743, at Etro, NYC. Silk chiffon dress, Oscar de la Renta, $2,990. Feather clips, Bebe, $29.

Love, Ayanna

3 comments:

  1. Love Gaultier! Check out my posting about the exhibit at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you - wanna follow me back?

    xx from Montreal,

    Sarah
    I Bleed Fashion
    @ibleedfashionxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digging the designs so much.... I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Fabulous Opinions