Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Grand Re-Launch!

My fabulous ladies and gentlemen, how long has it been? I took a little hiatus from Quench Fab to refocus, regroup and come back to my readers with quality, quantity, and more fabulosity! I think this has really helped me to better understand exactly what I want to do with my blog, my readers and even my career.

As some of you know, I used my tumblr blog Fab Fixation, as sort of a "bridge blog" to keep my readers updated and stay connected to fashion blogging. I gained a lot of new readers and I hope all of them follow me here, back to my home Quench Fab! I haven't decided if I want a new look to go along with the new feel of my blog, but suggestions are welcomed!

At any rate, I'm going to start off the grand re-launch by posting a few of my favorite posts that I've done while I was gone. With my Fab Fixation blog, I posted everyday, at least twice (but a lot of times, more)! I plan to bring that back to Quench Fab so that every time you visit, there is an update. You will be able to find Fashion News, First Looks, Style Inspirations, Personal Style, Personal Posts (fashion related), Beauty, Interviews and much more.


Prada Fall 2011 Campaign 
Starring Frida Gustavsson, Kelly Mittendorf, Julia Zimmer, Ondria Hardin, Antonia Wesseloh, and Dorte Limkilde. Shot by Steve Meisel. The label calls it “a dressing room of contemporary desire disguised as a playroom of childhood dreams,”. What are your thoughts?

Levi's® Monochrome Collection Fall Winter 2011 from LEVI'S® on Vimeo.

Levi’s Monochrome 2011 Fall Collection Campaign video
The models are delish and so are what they’re wearing. Didn’t get a good look at the jeans, but they are said to have a dark color-palette. There will be Skinny, Tapered, Regular, and Straight styles to choose from and they will be available in Black Point, Slam Grey and Petrol Blue finishes, embellished in dope, but subtle details like tone stitching, black zipper, leather patch and metal buttons.
They’ll be available at the beginning of next month at select retailers and Levi’s stores being priced at approximately $108.
I spy birthday gifts for my beau :)
video and info via hypebeast.com

Style Inspiration
via The Sartorialist Blog
What I love most about this look is the shoes. I see a lot of people photographed on The Sartorialist with flats on and I kind of love it. While I’m all about a tranny heel and I believe the higher the heel, the closer you are to heaven, there’s something great about a look that can be so glamourous and make a statement so grand while they’re wearing flats.
This photo stood out to me for a number of reasons. Everyone who’s anyone knows I’m obsessed with buns and I love hers. I love the use of accessories. I love the sweater over the romper…everything is just extremely fresh. Love her style! Hope he sees her often and posts more of her fabulosity!
p.s.  With a pair of tights and some booties, this would be a perfect look for fall!

Most Popular Mara Hoffman Resort 2012 Runway Photos

Fashion Illustration by Hayden Williams. 'The September Issue'.

 Rihanna tones down her fiery locks and goes auburn.

 A peek at baby Skylar's (Rachel Zoe's son) shoe collection.

Look Styled by Me


Fashion News


Alexander McQueen Leaves Most of his Estate to Charity Alexander McQueen’s will was made public last night. He has reportedly left most of his 27 million dollar estate to his charity, Sarabande. He says he hopes they will consider putting a large amount of it towards scholarships to his alma mater, Central St. Martins.
McQueen left his five siblings around $400,000 and around $100,000 to his nieces, nephews and godson. The same amount was set aside for his four dogs. He also donated bout $165,000 to four different charities including Battersea Dogs and Cats home, another animal shelter, and the london Buddhist Center.
Some are in shock about how much was left to his dogs as well as how much was donated to the animal shelters.

Gwen Stefani to launch Target childrens line, ‘Harajuku Mini’
 
 We all know Gwen has been designing for awhile now. We have L.A.M.B., a womenswear line which is amazing and we have Harajuku Lovers. Now, the pop star is designing a line called Harajuku Mini for Target and, it’s for kids!
If you can’t tell by the name, the line will be Japanese anime-inspired and will be based on her Harajuku Lovers line in a sense. The line will be hitting stores November 13th and a second release will be available in January.
“I’ve always wanted to do a cool children’s fashion line inspired by the supercute and playful kid’s clothing you find in Japan” says Stefani. “Target has given me the creative freedom to design kid’s clothing that is differernt than most anything you usually see out there with great quality, attention to detail, and most of all, available at amazing prices”.
The line will be priced from $3.99 to $29.99 and will be available for babies, children and tweens. I hope she makes some cool stuff for boys. I’d love to put my son in some Harajuku Mini! Love it!
info courtesy of catwalkqueen.tv

 Kate Moss to wear multiple wedding gowns for Vogue’s September Issue
According to sources, Kate Moss will be gracing the cover of the September Issue this year, the most anticipated issue ANY fabulous person looks forward to. According to sources, Moss was photographed in many different wedding gowns by the great Mario Testino (who also shot Kate’s wedding).
Reportedly, Anna Wintour asked “about 10” designers including Valentino, Oscar de la Renta and Vera Wang to create wedding looks for Moss.
I agree with Dhani Mau (blogger on fashionista.com). This IS  a little Sex and the City-ish. However, it is Vogue and it IS the September issue. While I find it odd that they referenced the movie in making this decision, I am curious to see how it’s pulled off.



Karl Lagerfeld for Macy’s  
July 21, 2011 Karl Lagerfeld will be designing an exclusive capsule collection for the department store group, which will launch Aug. 31 in 235 of Macys 800-plus stores, and on macys.com.
The Karl Lagerfeld for Impulse collection is said to have 45 limited edition styles and an average price tag of $100. Items will be priced from $50 to $170, putting it within Macys “better” price zone. The exclusives for Macys will have a limited run, from six to eight weeks, depending on consumer reaction.
The Macys collaboration is “a kind of test how to do this kind of clothes in that price range….As you know, I love occasional co-branding,” says Lagerfeld, who started bringing luxury to the masses in 2004 when he partnered with H&M on a one-time collection that sold out with the snap of a finger. This ignited a slew of designer collaborations at H&M and strategies like it by other low-end clothing stores.
Not sure about you guys, but I’m very curious to see what Mr.Lagerfeld has up his sleeve for the Macy’s customer. If it’s anything like the recent Chloè collections, I’ll have my hands on it!




Click the photo above to be linked to a very heart-felt and important post! I hope you guys love it and appreciate it like others have!

I hope you guys enjoyed the grand re-launch of Quench Fab and stay tuned! New Post coming this evening.

Love, Ayanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fabulous Opinions