Friday, August 20, 2010

Thoughts Set Sail

Today I was thinking...well, actually I've been thinking since yesterday about me in relation to the fashion industry. I'm not quite sure what I want to do anymore. At first I was all for being an editor. Write about fashion or something of that nature. But I've come to terms with the fact that I like to do so much more than write. I'm good at a lot of things (not to brag, but it's true).

I love to write, I love photography and I love dealing with making art as far as getting dressed and dressing others. So where does that leave me? In the middle of a three-way intersection between writing, photography and styling. Then there are SO many careers in between those. I'm just not quite sure where I'll fit in or what exactly to go after the most.

I think I've gotten as far as I can go with the planning. Now it's up to fate. I'm thinking when I get to New York and dive in head first I'll get an idea of what I need to do. I have no problem doing it all as of now. I love being versatile and having such a love for this great art form that we live our daily lives in. I just really want to be successful at whatever it is I decide to persue full time.

In the mean time, I've been re-reading the Teen Vogue Handbook to guide me and give me some inspiration. More or less, it's only confused me more! Reading and seeing into it all that way just makes me fall more in love with it all. *sigh* Well, I'm only seventeen. I have a little while to figure things out. Wish me luck!


Just to let you guys know, those are GUESS glasses I have on and the scarf is Jessica Simpson. You'll be seeing more of it come fall/winter because I love it :)

4 comments:

  1. love your nails too, the colors have that pastel faded neon type thing going on...
    sometimes experiences can make things clear and at the same time cloud a lot of things.when you think about what you want to do think about if in 20 years would I be happy and still have the same interest.I also wasn't sure about which form of art I should go into but I figured out what I do best, how it works for me and if I'll be happy going to work everyday and even working over time:)...and it lead me to fashion design and photography, painting, music, dance, etc as hobbies...i know I'm writing a lot but if you love styling more then blog your editorials and maybe you can do guest articles and if you prefer being an editor then you can still style part time and even in your blog show your style...
    so I wrote a ton, but I hope I helped a bit...'cause I went through that faze before my first year in high school :)

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.thanks for the comment and the visit, will be following you, see what you post up next...
    if you like my blog too you can follow.:)

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. crazy nails! We def gotta try and play it up like you



    Cheers, B & Liv
    www.blivbook.blogspot.com
    B L I V B O O K: darling&diva ♥

    ReplyDelete

Fabulous Opinions